Components of Environment
- Natural- Land (Lithosphere), Air( Atmosphere), Water(Hydrosphere), Living things(Biosphere)
- Human Made- Building, Bridges, Roads,Industries, Monuments.
- Human - Individual, Family, community, Religion, Educational, Economic.
The place ,people,things, and nature that surround any living organism is called Environment
Land, Water, Plants, Air and Animals comprise the natural environment 1. What is Lithosphere?
- Lithosphere is the solid crust or the hard top layer of the Earth
- It is made up of rocks and minerals and covered by a thin layer of soil.
- It is an Irregular surface with various Landforms such as mountains, plateaus, plains, valleys etc.
- Landforms are found over the continents and also on the ocean floors
- Lithosphere is the domain that provides us forests, grassland for grazing, land for agriculture and human settlements.
- It is also a source of minerals wealth.
2. What is Hydrosphere?
- The domain of water is referred to as hydrosphere.
- It comprises various sources of water and different types of water bodies like rivers,lakes, seas, oceans, etc
- It is essential for all living organisms.
- The atmosphere is the thin layer of air that surrounds the earth
- The gravitational force of the earth holds the atmosphere around it.
- It protects us from the harmful rays and scorching heat of the Sun.
- It consists of a number of gases, dust and water vapour.
- The change in the atmosphere produce changes in the weather and climate.
- Plant and animal kingdom together makes biosphere or the living world.
- It is a narrow zone of the earths where land, water, and air interact with each other to support life.
- It is a system formed by the interaction of all living organisms with each other and with the physical and chemical factors of the environment in which they live all linked by transfer of energy and material.