No transgression in BJP regime
- Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami has been given marching order by the Narendra Modi government for trying to stall the arrest of Matang Sinh by speaking directly to Central Bureau of Investigation officers. With this the Modi government has sent out a strong signal to bureaucrats that the government will not tolerate such transgressions(an act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offense).
- It is believed that the CBI Director produced enough material evidence to prove the impropriety(a failure to observe standards or show due honesty or modesty; improper language, behavior, or character) of the Home Secretary in trying to stall the arrest of former Union Minister Matang Sinh in connection with the Saradha Scam. Mr. Sinh was widely known to be influential, even after the United Progressive Alliance government lost power at the Centre.
- The CBI undoubtedly emerges credible from the unseemly episode by making the act of Union Home Secretary in notice to the Home minister. The image of the CBI had taken a beating only recently when its Director, Ranjit Sinha, was ordered by the Supreme Court to keep away from the probe into 2G spectrum allocation cases after it was found that he had entertained some of the accused at his residence. In the light of this, the latest action aimed at insulating the agency from interference will come as a shot in the arm for its officers.
L.C. Goyal is new Home Secretary
- The new Union Home Secretary, L.C. Goyal, took charge on 05 February afternoon following the unceremonious exit of Anil Goswami for alleged misconduct.
- L.C. Goyal is the 1979-batch officer served as Joint Secretary in the MHA from 2002 to 2007 during UPA-I.
Sajan Prakash rock the show