Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao seeks sector-centric fund allocation at NITI meet
- Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has sought a change of policy in the allocation of funds by the Centre from the existing scheme-specific to sector-centric at the first meeting of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi on 08 February.
- Mr. Rao sought the change by explaining the fact that the scheme-specific fund allocation was leading to discrimination in availing Central funds by some States, whose requirements were elsewhere in the same sector than in the scheme specified by the Centre.
- The Chief Minister has cited the example that the incidence of TB was not rampant in Telangana and funds were required in other areas of health sector such as fighting viral fevers and some seasonal communicable diseases. Similarly, in school education, the State’s stress was on improving the quality of education and not enrolment, he said.
Ankita Raina's triple delight in 35th National Games
- Top seed Ankita Raina won the women's singles and double titles besides the team gold.
- Ankita Raina is an Indian tennis player. She has won five singles and seven doubles titles on the ITF tour in her career.
Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri won Malaysian open.